Spring 2017 Information
Spring 2017 ‘B’ / ‘C’ Adult Roller Hockey Leagues
Download/view this information in .PDF format by selecting one of the following links:
Team and League Information for All Players
- All games climate-controlled – Air conditioning or heater when necessary
- Most B/C-League games on Monday evenings between 7:00-10:00pm
- All teams and leagues are co-ed, 18 years and older (13-17 year olds with Director & parental approval)
- B/C-League: Intermediate/beginner players (some advanced players ‘playing down’)
- Regular season will consist of 10 games, plus double-elimination playoffs
- All players must register individually, but may be part of a pre-arranged team
- Individual registrants will be placed on a team during the draft/evaluation pick-up game
- Teams will be between 6 and 10 players, plus a goalie
- The League Director has sole authority to finalize team composition
- Click here for more information via email, or call Cal Skate at 343-1601
- January 30th! – 9:00pm – Early Bird deadline – Save $20!
- February 6th – 7:30pm-9pm – Registration Deadline for B/C-League players. Player draft and pick up game from 7:30-9:00pm.
- February 20th – First B/C-League games
- May 1st – Final B/C-League regular season games
- May 8th – May 15th – B/C-League Playoffs and Championships
Rules and Regulations
- AAU and House Rules govern league play. House Rules prevail.
- Cal Skate attempts to provide a safe, fun, and competitive roller hockey experience.
- Leagues are non-checking and non-contact. Fighting and checking will not be tolerated
- Players who violate AAU and/or House Rules may be suspended, without a refund
- Mandatory equipment includes: Inline skates, HECC approved hockey helmet (face shield not mandatory, but highly recommended), mouth guard, knee and shin guards, elbow pads, hockey stick, and protective cup (males)
- AAU membership and secondary insurance is required. Cost is $30 per player, per calendar year, paid online at aausports.org. New Spring players need to establish their memberships before starting the new season. Fall 2016 returning players in good standing do not need to renew.
- The league director has sole authority to finalize/change team composition
- Register at Cal Skate before the deadline. Cash and Credit/debit accepted. Payment plans are available (see below).
- B/C-League Dues: Skaters $125.00 ($105 with Early Bird discount – see above), Goalies $ FREE.
- B/C-League Payment Plan – 3 automatic credit card payments – 1st payment of $45 on registration night, $45 on 3/10/17, and $45 on 4/10/17 ($135 total cost). AAU membership ($30) due on registration night.
- AAU membership and secondary insurance is required. Cost is $30 per player, per calendar year, paid at Cal Skate. Fall players need to renew their memberships before starting the new Fall seasons. Membership is good until August 31st, 2017 covering Cal Skate’s Fall, Spring, and Summer seasons.
- 10 regular season and at least 2 postseason games – all officiated and professionally organized
- 10% discount on merchandise
- Printed Championship T-Shirts for league winners